New pension rules which give you far greater flexibility over what you can do with your pension pot came into force on 6 April 2015. This includes being able to access your entire pension value and choosing how to take your income throughout your retirement.
This enables pension plan holders to take full advantage of these freedoms but it is essential that careful consideration is given by plan holders to ensure they benefit from their pensions over both the short and longer term.
Such important considerations include:
- How and when to take your tax-free lump sum
- How to set up income drawdown to receive regular income
- How to take your pension as a series of lump sums
- Understanding the greater death benefits pensions freedom provides your family
- How to manage your investment risk
Taking control of pension freedom is crucial.
Need help or advice with your finances?
We offer a free initial consultation!